Pages

Sunday 5 December 2010

Wishful #12

Hi, I have realized I have started posting my "Wishful" series on different weekdays, so I have decided to rename it to simply "Wishful # ..".

ArtMind on Etsy is a lady called Mitsy living in Belgium. Among other things she has been making a series of sculptures called 99 feelings'-project. Below I have quoted her own description of this project. Oh, how I fell in love with these sculptures. I would just loooove to have a series of them placed in a row. The picture above is a montage I made with pictures from her shop on Etsy.
"This ceramic art object is part of my ‘99 feelings’-project. It derives from a project I did many years ago reflecting my self-portrait. I called it ‘how the outside can tell how you feel inside’. I started out with 9 feelings and then I suddenly thought of making 99 of them... I like the fact that the number is uneven and that it leaves at least one feeling to complete to 100. That one unfinished feeling to make 100, represents for me all the feelings I haven't covered and that it can be anything...

It is a series of babushka’s where I added a texture or addition to it on the outside. Quite often, these textures or additions lead you to the feeling right away or sometimes it might recall a complete different feeling for you. That is perfectly possible as this is just what it evokes for me. It can be anything you feel as there is no 'right' feeling for it. Each feeling is subjective and personal. My sculptures are created as art objects. A lot of time and love goes into each one.


Or watch a little montage I made:



Anyway, I have also, as I bet quite a few of you also have, discovered the new feature on Etsy called "the Circle". And it is thanks to that one I discovered this artist. Someone in my own circle had marked a bunny sculpture as her favourite. It made me curious, and I went to have a look. Unfortunately I can't remember who it was that sort of gave me the tip, so hey if you recognize yourself, please leave a comment. I am ever so grateful to you!

All my best,
Malin

6 comments:

steufel said...

Great find, Malin!

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Hey Malin, thank you so much for loving my work & featuring it in your blog. Such a beautiful collage you made! :)
I was wondering how to use the new feature of circles on Etsy. I will have to investigate it a bit more soon as it looks interesting.

Malin de Koning said...

My pleassure Mitsy! Thank You! I will mail you the image file of the montage, since images don't show up in as high resolution as the originals when I post them on the blog. (don't know why that is by the way ... I find it annoying, perhaps there are people who would like to copy images to their inspirations folder on their computers. I do that a lot with things I like, and of course I want a high resolution picture if possible).

Anyway, i'm off to check your blog now.

All my best,
Malin

Malin de Koning said...

Hey everyone! Mitsy has a great blog! Check it out!

KristiBowmanDesign said...

Beautiful pieces!! Worthy of being showcased!!

I was also wondering how to best utilize the circle, nice to connect to people you already know and admire but I've also found some amazing new artists through the circle, that's my very favorite part about it!!

Pretty Things said...

Oh my gosh, those are amazing (would make a great print, how those are collaged!) but wow, didn't know they were that big until I saw her sitting there! I love them all so much, though, they're so cool!

Hope you're doing well!